Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Words For The Journey Write Away Field Trip

Today WFTJ had our annual write away field trip to the Broadmoor Hotel and Resort in Colorado Springs. It's a beautiful, historic resort, and they were very welcoming to our group of writers who occupied their upstairs lobby. From left to right: Tonya, Robbie, Danica, Jan, me, Kay, and Michele.
Bonnie, Danica, Jan, and Robbie are hard at work.

It's such a beautiful area, isn't it?

When I took that picture I nearly jumped out of my skin from fright because I didn't realize I was standing about six inches from two ducks who quacked at me just as I snapped the photo.
You can still see his beak flapping!

And my friend Robbie got some delightful news today--MacGregor Literary Agency has agreed to represent her books! I'm thrilled for her.
Doesn't she look happy? She was just beaming.

This is one of the black swans that swim in the lake behind the resort.
Isn't it lovely?

5 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

It was very lovely. Great shot of the black swan!

Ruthie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time in a great environment. I hope you all got a lot of creative writing done. :)
Smiles.

D. Gudger said...

Can I be a whiner and whine that I missed it? Waaaaaaaah! It's bleak and rainy here in NEPA.

A good day for focusing on writing and tweaking my proposal to send to some more agents.

Kay Day said...

great photos!

CatMom said...

Oh Megan...what a lovely place to meet! I wish Georgia was closer to Colorado - LOL!! :)
Blessings,
Patti