Thursday, January 17, 2008

Beach Friends

I was fully prepared for a wonderful time on my vacation, and of course that includes plenty of good beach books.

Doesn't She Look Natural by Angie Hunt is wonderful. Some of the phrases Angie wove into the story took my breath away. What fun.

My friend Maureen Lang sent me an Advance Reader Copy of On Sparrow Hill. It's a sequel to Autumn Leaves, and Maureen once again seamlessly wove two plots and two time periods into a spellbinding book.


The Begotten by Lisa T. Bergren was recommended to me by my friend Paula Moldenhauer. I trust Paula's picks, so that was another book on my Christmas list. This book kept me content on the long flight home.
PS: I'm glad that was an American tourist under Lisa's book and not one of the European gals, if you get my meaning. :)


2 comments:

Paula said...

I hope you liked Lisa's book as much as I did. It said some profound things to me. BTW, she's our speaker at HIS Writers in Feb!

Jan Parrish said...

That water looks absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. I hope you had a wonderful time.