Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Just one of those days








I’ve been a bit under the weather since Sunday night. I’ve even stayed home from work the past two days. My doctor says I have strep throat, but after a day of medication, I got worse. Who knows? I’ve been hanging out with my head feeling like it’s stuffed with cotton (actually it feels like it’s stuffed with something else, but I’m too much of a lady to say what.)

Late this afternoon, I got into the writing groove for the first time in a few days. My dear daughter borrowed my laptop, so I was using the PC. I finally finished that chapter that’s been bugging me. I wrote it. Deleted it. Rewrote it. Deleted most of it, and then this afternoon, I nailed it. Unfortunately, I was working off a jumpdrive in the PC, and an error occurred.

Aargh! The entire file went poof! I lost the good chapter I had written and the entire file containing my book that was on the jumpdrive disappeared as well.


That's an illustration of my heart breaking when I realized my stupid mistake. Now, it’s not the end of the world. I still have the document on my laptop—minus the new chapter. Funny thing, a few moments before disaster struck, I was recalling that someone on the ACFW loop said that you should never work off a jumpdrive in a computer, and that you should put the document on the desktop.

Lesson learned. The hard way.

4 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

Bummer. We missed you at the Christmas party. I hope you feel better really soon!

Jenny said...

Praying you feel better fast and write an even better replacement chapter.

Kay Day said...

I'm praying for you to be well.
So sorry about the frustration and broken heart! That chapter is still in your head. You'll get it back.

Marion Kelley Bullock said...

I was wondering where your next chapter was.

So sorry.

Marion