Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Good read: Into the Free

Into the FreeEvery so often I read a book that I can't wait to share with friends. Into the Free by Julie Cantrell is one of those books.


Millie's story got under my skin. I grieved for her small, desperate world, and loved (most of) the characters in it. Told through the eyes of a young girl and set in Depression-era Mississippi, Into the Free takes you on a journey of discovery. I yearned for peace and purpose for dear little Millie. Through it all, there was an underlying glimmer of hope that this girl would eventually find her way out of her life and into the free. Ms. Cantrell's prose was lovely and heartbreaking at the same time. She spun scenes with a delicate hand that painted vivid images in your mind. This is one of those novels that lingers in your thoughts long after you close the book.

I was delighted to learn the sequel to When Mountains Move, will release in September!


No comments: