Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Read this! -- Yahshua's Bridge

I really enjoyed reading Sandi Rog's debut novel The Master's Wall last year, so when Yahshua's Bridge, the sequel, came out, I knew it would go on my TBR (to be read) pile.

This book is considered Biblical fiction, with the setting in the 1st century. Sandi brought the times to life with detail that draws you into the story. A friend who is a bit of a Biblical scholar told me she was impressed with Sandi's books because you can tell she did her research, and the story is true to the facts of the era.

I loved that Yahshua's Bridge continued with characters from The Master's Wall. Both books were filled with elements of love, loyalty, honor, and faith.

Do yourself a favor, buy a copy of BOTH these books and give yourself hours of enjoyment.

Here's the back cover copy: An amethyst stone draws him to his past. An elusive maiden draws him to his future. Alexander is born into slavery under an abusive master: a master of his own flesh and blood ... a man he will never call father. Determined to break away from his master's hold, Alexander devises a plan to purchase his freedom. But what's he to do when he finds himself shipped off in shackles to Egypt, disappearing from the lives of everyone he knows and loves?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Biblical fiction. I'm reading one right now on Daniel's life. Thanks for this great tip!

Megan DiMaria said...

I hope you enjoy Sandi's books, Donna!

Tracy Krauss said...

I have read and reviewed this book. It is well worth it!

Megan DiMaria said...

I'll be putting up reviews of the book too, Tracy. It's a good, fast read. It kept me away from all the stuff I should have been doing. LOL

Sandi Rog said...

Thank you, Megan! What a lovely surprise!