Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Redecorating!!

I'm excited about the project I'm working on now. No -- it's not a book (although I am writing a book).

As my DH (darling husband) says, "You haven't lost a daughter, you've gained a study." Ahhh, yes. That wise man knows how to ease my mama's heartache from the loss of my sweet girl going off and getting married. I'm getting a fresh, new, only-Megan's study.

This past weekend we bought furniture and scheduled new carpet installation. Yesterday I bought paint, a pretty pale blue. I'm also going to paint the ceiling blue. I want to feel like I'm riding on a cloud while I write.

I decided that instead of putting a picture over the couch I would put a quote or saying on the wall. I had planned on stenciling it, but I saw this product.

It's called Once upon a Wall, and it's vinyl letters you can put on the wall that looks like a stencil.

I've done some research, and have chosen a few writers' quotes to rotate, depending on my mood.

Which do you like best?

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
~Anton Chekhov

There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
~W. Somerset Maugham

Fiction is a lie, and good fiction is the truth inside the lie.
~Stephen King

You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club.
~Jack London

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I like all four but my favorite is the one from Somerset Maugham.
I want to know more about those Once Upon a Wall letters--I took a
Sharpie to my classroom walls with quotes--wrote in a pseudo-calligraphy. Fortunately I have a very wonderful principal so no problems so far:-)

vrob said...

I found your blog since I'm the webmaster of a vinyl lettering website called http://vinylwallexpressions.com. I do research just to keep on top of things. Anyway, I saw that you're a writer and I'm actually an editor and can appreciate what you're undertaking. Just wanted to wish you the best. I'll have to check out your books. I think it's great that you're writing positive books to uplift people.

Valerie Robinson
robcomm.net

Denise Miller Holmes said...

Okay so. I like Stephen King's the best, Maugham's the second best. What a cool idea, Megan.

Anonymous said...

I think it should be a great line from one of your own novels.

Why let the other authors get that kind of wall space in your study lol?

Selah

Jan Parrish said...

I vote for the first one by ~Anton Chekhov
*The second one is a bit negative.
*The third is good but why would you want SK on your wall?
*And the last is a bit too aggressive.
My guess is that Chekhov is the one you were leaning towards anyway - which is why you put it first. :)

Nishant said...

I think it should be a great line from one of your own novels.

Work From Home india