Saturday, March 21, 2009

Take a breath

I'm busy. We're all busy, right?

I had a moment last week when an appointment that should have been recorded somehow missed being input into my iCal (Mac's online calendar). In my frenzy, I shrieked, "Well, it's not on my iCal!"

Fortunately only about three seconds passed before I realized I sounded like an idiot. In my mind, if it wasn't on my iCal, then it couldn't possibly exist. Ha! The mad cat photo captures my emotions at the time.

For just a moment, I became unglued. Ever had that happen to you? Come on, be honest.

Anyway, I'm glad my tizzy mode was brief. It was a great reality check. I took a moment, sat in the sun flooding into my living room, closed my eyes and gave myself permission to have failed. What? You didn't know I wasn't perfect? (I just said that with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek.)

Sometimes it good to screw up. (Did I just say that?) It makes you reevaluate your priorities. That day I had too much on my plate, a mistake to begin with, and it was inevitable that my day would not run smoothly.

As a spiritual woman, my thoughts turned to God. Let me share a great verse that helps me to put my day into perspective. (The Message) Ps. 90:17 "And let the love of our Lord, our God, rest on us, confirming the work that we do. Oh, yes. Affirm the work that we do!"

'Nuff said. Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

myrtlebeachgirl said...

Nice, Megan! I can relate to the idea of deluding myself that an appointment didn't exist if I didn't write it down. MOST of my appointments never existed! Thanks for sharing your mess-ups along with your successes. Way to go on the Examiner! Will you be able to link it to your blog so we can have quick access to your articles??