Friday, February 27, 2009

Hooray for Book Lovers!

This past Wednesday I had the pleasure of enjoying dinner and conversation with the Newday Christian Book Club.

We had a great discussion about Searching for Spice, and then they let me draw names out of a big seashell to determine the great Christian fiction they would read for the next few months. They've got good tastes, they're next book is The Novelist by Angela Hunt.

In case you're wondering what I'm holding, they overwhelmed me with kindness and (delicious) calories by giving me a beautiful gift basket with chocolate, tea, cookies, and cocoa -- all items mentioned in Searching for Spice.


See the shiny wrapping? That's homemade, fudgy brownies. I saw one of the girls carry that in before dinner and was looking forward to eating it for dessert. You can imagine my surprise when dessert was served, and it wasn't brownies. Now I realize she brought them for the gift basket. :) And see the tin box with the swirly design? Inside there are homemade chocolate chip cookies.

That was two days ago, and I'm still munching my way through those goodies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. That's so nice of them.

Sounds like a great time.

Jan Parrish said...

What a lovely group of women. :)