Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Let the Planning Begin!




My dream of being a published author is coming true!

On March 26th I found out that Tyndale House Publishing was offering me a two-book contract for women’s fiction. My first book, Searching for Spice, will be released in April 2008, and the second book will hit the shelves in October 2008.

Well, since I’ve been waiting practically f-o-r-e-v-e-r for this dream to become reality, we’ve decided to go all out and CELEBRATE in a big way. Today I went to downtown Denver to check out the venue for my book launch party, The Daniels & Fisher Tower! I can’t wait.




Can you see the clock on the top of the tower? The party will be held on the floor above that, and there's an outside observation deck that surrounds the building. The views are to die for.






I’m planning for it to be a gathering of book lovers. In addition to family and friends, I’m inviting local authors, editors, agents, bookstore PR folks, and radio, television and newspaper media. I’m thrilled that my editor from Tyndale, Jan Stob, will try to come as well as my smashing literary agent, Beth Jusino. Goodness, I even introduced myself to the Poet Laureate of Denver and invited him. Since this is my first book launch party, I’m open to suggestions on making it a smashing success. Please leave any ideas in the comment section.




The D&F Tower is a well-known, historic building that sits on the 16th Street Mall in Denver. It is a replication of the famous Campanile in St. Mark’s square in Venice, and was built in 1911, becoming the tallest building west of the Mississippi. The tower originally anchored both sides of a department store that has since been demolished.


And, PS: Yes, the sky really is bluer when you're a mile high.

12 comments:

tonya said...

I am so very happy for you! Megan, you deserve it!

Jan Parrish said...

I'm so excited. And it looks like you are walking a mile high too!

Colleen Coble said...

Awesome, Megan! I'm so thrilled to see this coming true for you--your writing well deserved someone to recognize your talent!

Are you inviting Barnes and Noble or another bookstore to come supply books?

D. Gudger said...

How cool. I've always wondered what was inside that thing. I know they shoot fireworks from it on New Year's.

Can't wait to read your book! You are such an encouragement!ca

Anonymous said...

YEAH, MEGAN!!!!! Words For The Journey is proud of you! Of course, you knew that already. I don't think we'll ever stop applauding. I cannot wait for your book launch. How exciting! And what a beautiful and intriguing place to hold your event.

Kay Day said...

I don't have any suggestions. It looks perfect! I love that clock and didn't know any of the history. I didn't even know you could go inside!

Paula said...

You know I have no advice. Just lots of joy. It's so cool to celebrate with you my friend.

Maureen Lang said...

What a wonderful setting for your book launch, Megan! Sounds like a setting right out of a book... Congratulations!

Robbie Iobst said...

Megan, I will put on my creative cap and let you know if I come up with any suggestions for your party. You are such an inspiration. What a beautiful venue, too. Romans 12:15 tells us to "Rejoice with those who rejoice..." It is a pleasure to rejoice with you!

Anonymous said...

What's the date?

Anonymous said...

psst answered your comment in my comments ...

Lifeless in Ohio said...

Hi, I am on the scavenger hunt and I have enjoyed going thru your posts to find this. I am definitely going to purchase your book.