Sunday, October 07, 2007

Good-Bye Summer


Boo hoo. Summer’s gone. This weekend we put the fountain in the basement and shrouded the patio furniture.

No more sitting in the shade sipping iced tea. No more lunch alfresco. No more hours in the chaise with my laptop and wip. No more morning coffee enjoying the sound of birdsong.

So I’m back indoors. Closed windows, recycled air, the soundtrack of football (Broncos) and hockey (Avalanche). Sigh.

All’s not lost. At least I can look forward to Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, my anniversary, my birthday, Easter, Mother’s Day and then, before you know it, it will be Memorial Day and the beginning of summer. Sigh (of contentment).

6 comments:

Heather said...

Seriously? In Texas, it's still in the nineties.

Jan Parrish said...

I too, hate to say goodbye to summer. No more front porch chats, no more late night sunsets. However, God gave us the four seasons for a reason. So, I welcome the crisp cool air and warm fuzzy sweaters. It'll make me appreciate the occasional fall days of warm bright sun.

Kay Day said...

I am the opposite. I LOVE the end of summer! I tend to be inside more in the summer than any other time. I don't do heat well.

tonya said...

Megan, I am the opposite! I love the fall. The cool weather feels me with such comfort. Sitting on the swing with a warm cup of coffee, yes, I love the fall. Aren't you glad weren't all the same. God gave us the seasons for a reason,sometimes it is just hard to see one go and the other come so quickly.

D. Gudger said...

I'm rebelling against summer's end. Until the snow flies and the ickies come, I'm on my patio.

Fall is pretty mild here in Denver.

Marion Kelley Bullock said...

Megan,

You can come visit me in West Texas. We can sit on my patio and drink coffee. That is, unless a blue norther blows in.

www.marionkelleybullock.blogspot.com