Friday, January 20, 2006

In Touch

I think something spiritual is beginning to brew. I have been impressed with the depth and riches of my relationships with my family and friends. How awesome to love and be loved. Now it seems I’m not the only one thinking about this lately. Two blogs I regularly read share this theme. Check out Diann Hunt’s 1/20/06 blog at Girls Write Out and Marilynn Griffith’s audio blog of 1/20/06 at Rhythms of Grace.

Tonight I’m going to my sweet friend Leah’s birthday party. I won’t say how old she is, only that it rhymes with “nifty.” She is truly a gift from God. Don’t you love friends who speak Jesus into your life? She does. A few months ago we went to the Paul McCartney concert together. During one song the verse said, “but tomorrow may rain, so I’ll follow the sun.” Leah leaned over to me and sang the song, and when she finished that line she squeezed my arm and sang, “… so we’ll follow the S-O-N.” What a blessing.

I urge you to take the time to nurture your relationships. Stuff fades and erodes and eventually turns into garbage. But our loved ones are for eternity. When you go to the throne in prayer tonight, thank God for your relationships and ask Him how you can brighten a day or share a burden. And if you’re lucky, your loved ones will speak Jesus into your life, too.

7 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Very good post Megan. This is an area that I've been in such awe of in the last few months. God has blessed me with some AMAZING friendships these past two years... and I thank Him daily for them.

Megan DiMaria said...

Thanks, Heather. I'm keeping an eye on you. God's moving in your life and it’s exciting to see. Keep on blogging, girl! I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Marion Kelley Bullock said...

Beautiful sentiment, Megan. I agree with you. This is something we all need to improve on. And with God's help we can.

Marion
www.marionkelleybullock.blogspot.com

Kimber said...

GREAT POST MEGAN!!! Couldn't agree more!!! There is NOTHING better than loving and being loved!! WELL SAID!!!

Paula said...

Thanks Megan. Great post.

Camy Tang said...

Terrific post, especially for me right this moment. Thanks, Megan.
Camy

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, and oh-so-true!