Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy Belated New Year

Now that the whirlwind that is the Christmas/New Year holidays are behind me, I’ve begun to think of the year that lies ahead. It’s that nice, exciting, anything-is-possible feeling you used to get every September when school resumed.

I took an idea from my friend Marilynn Griffith and asked the Lord, not for a good resolution, but for a word to carry me through 2006. He told me, faithful. Hmmm. Sounds good. I believe I wasn’t called to be a superwoman, a best selling author, a community dynamo or any other fabulous ambition. I am simply called to be faithful to God. I’m eager to see where my faithfulness will lead me. It takes a lot of pressure off me to know I only have to please my Savior. I anticipate a wonderful year with Him.

I wish you a blessed 2006 as well.

2 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

oooh faithful is a great word. Have a blessed year!

Kimber said...

Great word!! Mine is "Accepted"...I have blogged about it twice :)

I saw your fun comment on Paula's blog, so I thought I would stop by...

Great site :)