Tuesday, February 05, 2013

When Donkeys Talk: A Quest to Rediscover the Mystery and Wonder of Christianity

A few years ago, I was contacted by a young author who requested I consider reading his book for endorsement. I usually don't read a lot of non-fiction, but I felt compelled to agree to his request. I'm glad I did. Mud and Poetry: Love, Sex and the Sacred was a refreshing change from my usual reading.

Author Tyler Blanski is a fresh voice from the younger generation, and his newest book, When Donkeys Talk: A Quest to Rediscover the Mystery and Wonder of Christianity, has recently released. While I haven't read this one, I 'm happy to point you toward it. Check out the endorsements and reviews, and read the first few pages. I'm sure you'll be hooked.

Tyler says the book is "an invitation to dust off the wonder and awe of Jesus and his Gospel, to rediscover that we live in a world packed with the miraculous in the corners. In a way, it's a published prayer."

His prayer is that the book will encourage readers who have become jaded to fall in love with Jesus all over again, to inspire them to a deeper conversion, and to bless the weary hearted.

And doesn't that sound like a good thing? 



No comments: