Thursday, February 21, 2013

Inspiring thoughts

See that photo? It's of a hiking trial in Maroon Bells outside of Aspen, Colorado. I walked that trail a few years ago. It wasn't all that difficult, although this particular stretch was interesting. Uphill. Stumbling over rocks when I was already weary. But doable.

I think of the writing journey in much the same way. Difficult. Interesting. Uphill. Occasionally stumbling. Weary. But doable.

One of the inspiring thoughts that has motivated me for years came from a sermon I heard in the early 90s. The pastor, Robert Emmitt from Community Bible Church in San Antonio, said, "It's better to try and know for sure than to do nothing and always wonder."

If we don't act on our dreams and goals we'll never know what we could have accomplished.

What inspiring thought has gotten you to act on your dreams?

No comments: