Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mankind should be our business!

One of my favorite Christmas movies is A Christmas Carol. I think I've seen just about every movie version of this gem.

During each Christmas season, I think of at least one person that needs to be visited the ghosts of Christmas. Some days, it's myself that needs that visit. In the hustle and rush of the holiday our focus can get lost. Too many events, too many parties, too many gifts to purchase and wrap.

One of my favorite lines from the movie comes early in the film. It's when Marley visits Scrooge and says, "Mankind should be our business!" In the 21st century lingo: "It's not about you!"

With that sentiment in mind, please consider donating to a fundraiser for an author I know. Sandi Rog is struggling with stage four T-cell lymphoma.

Every donation helps. If you're feeling generous, please go here to make a donation online. The money being raised will help with the significant medical expenses she's facing as she pursues a treatment that is not covered by insurance.

There's also a raffle you can participate in when you give a donation. Here's the link to that site.

It's Christmas--the season of perpetual hope. Please, open your heart and your wallet to help restore Sandi's health and return her to her family and her author's keyboard.


No comments: