Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

It's a beautiful day in Colorado today, sunny with puffy little clouds. As I do every year, I'm going to take some time to visit an outdoor worship area to contemplate the significance of this weekend.

I love that spot, somewhat wild with trees and grasses, overlooking a wooden cross, and as the backdrop, the gorgeous Rocky Mountains. The everyday sounds fade up on that rise, and all you hear are birdsong and wind humming through branches.

I thank God that I'm living under His grace. I'm thankful that the moments of of my days are laced with the knowledge that I'm in covenant with the Creator of all. I'm thankful for being forgiven, loved, and cherished. And that's all because of Calvary and what happened on that amazing Easter Day when death lost its sting.

I'm a writer, and I live with and by and through words. But friends, some things must be experienced with the heart, not words, to be fully grasped. I pray that you open your heart and earnestly seek a relationship with Elohim. It can change your life forever -- it did mine.

But when the right time came, God sent his Son, born of a woman, subject to the law. God sent him to buy freedom for us who were slaves to the law, so that he could adopt us as his very own children. And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir. Galatians 4:4-7

1 comment:

Jaime Wright said...

amen, amen and AMEN!!