Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ahh spring!

I hope we didn't jump the gun by putting out our patio furniture today. I've been looking forward to warm weather with a vengeance this year.

My summer office is my patio, usually from some time in May until October. I. Just. Can't. Wait!!

See the chaise lounge to the right of the door? That spot is shady 100% of the time, and that's where I write, weather permitting. That photo was taken last year. Colorado is not quite that green and blooming--yet.

We did a bit of yard work today. We tore up a big honeysuckle. An aspen tree volunteered to grow next to it, and the honeysuckle was overpowering the tender shoot.

I've been aggravated with that honeysuckle for about five years or so now anyway. It had no fragrance. Can you believe that? Isn't that half the reason for planting honeysuckle? The previous one used to scent the entire yard with it's fragrance, but this one was fragrance free.

I'm starting out this week with a prayer and a praise, how about you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your summer office.

Since I'm in the desert, my "summer" office is October through May.... :-)

Then it just gets too hot to be outside for very long.

This week is starting out well.

smithsk said...

The snow, like our troubles, will soon come to pass... Some comfort and we need the moisture.

D. Gudger said...

I'm so ready for my summer office to open. Mine's south-facing so the sun glare is a challenge when using my computer. I try to shade with my umbrella, but there are some points where I have to go inside if I want to see the screen.

Robbie Iobst said...

Maybe we can have a group summer writing day in your office. :0) Looks inviting. Have a great time at DCW, Megan. I'm praying for you!

The Stinson Family said...

Love working outside too!

Ronie Kendig said...

Drool!! That's so pretty!

Allyson/HBMomof2 said...

Funny, I was going to do the same here today. Now that the threat of rain is about over, it is time to get the backyard in shape for fun. Thanks for the motivation for me to get off of twitter and get outside! Look for my finished product later today on my twitter stream. Can't wait!