Thursday, November 08, 2007

Breast Friends


Yeah, that’s not a typo. I said breast friends, not best friends. My friends Jan and Sharen and I were joking around a few months ago, talking about having to make appointments for our annual mammogram when the idea that we’d be breast friends came up.

Taking care of your health is so important, we vowed to be breast friends and make a day of it every year when we each have to go for our annual mammography. Jan and Sharon went for their exams last month, and tomorrow’s my appointment. The three of us are going to the Sally Jobe Breast Center, and no, I’ll be going into the exam room alone. LOL.

Part of the fun is that we’ll each wear something pink, hand out pink M&Ms to the other women in the office and make the day a celebration of friends and health.

After my appointment we’ll go out to lunch, and then we’ll probably go out for coffee. I’ve cleared my calendar for the afternoon—with these girls, a celebration can last for hours.

FYI--these two friends are the stinkers from my November 6th post.

2 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

Yeah! We get more than an hour! I'm so jazzed. :) See you 2morrow!

Marion Kelley Bullock said...

That's about as close to fun as you can get with a mammogram. LOL!

Marion