1. There will be sorrow in your life. However: “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
2. It’s best to forgive, no matter how long it takes or how difficult it is. Forgive.
3. The truth is always the easiest and best “excuse.”
4. Eat a good breakfast, with some protein, every day. Your body will thank you.
5. Take time to enjoy nature. Breathe in the fragrances, listen to the sounds, it will soothe your spirit.
6. Read something every day, it will expand your world.
7. Be generous with compliments, you just might make someone’s day.
8. You may not be able to change your circumstances, but you can change your attitude—and sometimes that makes all the difference in the world.
9. Remember, you can never make the same mistake twice because the second time you make it, it’s not a mistake—it’s a choice.
10. Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other’s gold. Yup, I remember that tune from my days as a Brownie.
11. Offer a sincere apology, and then don’t ruin it with an excuse.
12. It’s always best to err on the side of compassion. You don’t know what someone else is going through.
13. Nurture your dreams, and do all you can to make them come true. Don’t be sidetracked by naysayers.
14. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Find out what you need to do, and learn how to do it.
15. A smile really is your best accessory.