Thursday, February 03, 2011

A few good books

I've been happy to report that I've had a great stretch of reading good books this winter.
In the past few weeks, I've read three books that I'm delighted to endorse.

The Master's Wall by Sandi Rog is a wonderful debut novel set in 1st Century Rome. The story follows the life of a boy who was orphaned when his Christian parents were killed by the state. The Master's wall is ver well written and transports the reader to a time a place with great cultural references. One reason why I loved this book is because it shows how difficulties we experience can be redeemed. It a wonderful message woven into a lovely story.

Havah by Tosca Lee is an interesting look at the story of Eve. Tosca has a beautiful literary style of writing that paints lovely word pictures. The story is told in a first person narrative. I loved it! You were introduced to
paradise and then banished into the world we now know. If you should decide to read it, keep an eye out for page 123, it made me laugh out loud. Some universal truths are, well, universal.


Almost Forever by Deborah Raney. Of course, I recommend ANY book by Deb. She's a wonderful writer who creates wonderful stories, and she is one of those authors who consistently

delivers a satisfying read. Here's the intriguing description you'll find online: Unearthing a lost memory may cause her to lose everything she holds dear... but could it also set her free?


2 comments:

Sandi Rog said...

Megan, you're so sweet! Thank you so much for your support. Bless you! xxx

Jaime Wright said...

Great reviews! I'm always looking for new stuff to read and i haven't read any of these 3 - adding to my TBR pile! :)