Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!

It's here! 

UPS delivered a box of ARCs for Out of Her Hands this morning. Woo hoo!


In case you're wondering, ARC stands for Advanced Reader Copy. These bound copies of the book can be unedited versions. (I think the ARC for Searching for Spice was edited, though.) The white text around the cover of the book says, "Advanced Reader Copy * Unedited Edition * For Promotional Purposes Only." ARCs are distributed to media and reviewers, people who can help spread the word, etc. Influencer copies that go to bloggers are not ARCs, they're actual copies of the book.

And speaking of cover --isn't it gorgeous? I love it! It has the same feel as Searching for Spice with the cool bubbles and the brown accent color.  The copy text that's to the right of "Linda" says, "Her son's dream girl isn't what Linda had in mind . . ."

Thanks for letting me share my exciting news with you. 

Write on! Keep pursuing your dreams!

6 comments:

Ruthie said...

Ooh, beautiful! Can't wait to read it!!!!
Hugs.

Jan Parrish said...

Awesome. Can't wait to read it.

Kay Day said...

Can't wait! It looks wonderful!

I did a review on an unedited ARC for Athol Dickson, so it must be at the author's discretion.

Robbie Iobst said...

Megan, What an absolute thrill it must be to hold in your hands a book YOU WROTE! Enjoy the moment. If I were you I would walk around holding it out to everyone I saw. :0) Congratulations...AGAIN!

Leslie said...

How exciting!!!!

CatMom said...

WooHoo !!!! Congratulations, Megan! How thrilling...I am very happy for you! :)
Blessings,
Patti Jo