Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dear auto manufacturers: Where's the common sense?

Occasionally I'll see or hear something and wonder what's happened to common sense. So today I'm offering you a rant . . .

Lately I've been hearing about the amazing touch screen displays that will be commonplace in new cars.

Do we really need another distraction? Another reason to take our eyes off the road? Aren't enough tragedies caused by something other than driving capturing the attention of the driver?

Here's another touch screen I found online. It does so much, it's amazing. Or is it? I like push button radios in cars. You can feel the button you want to push. You don't have to take your eyes off the road.

With texting and talking on a hand-held phone being the cause of so much misery and death, why are the automobile manufacturers eager to put another distraction into our cars?

No comments: