Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Fifty-Seven Truths I've Learned in my Fifty-Seven Years, part 4

Thank you for joining me on this journey of presenting some of the truths I've learned in my lifetime. I hope to keep learning and growing.

I'm not sure how old I was in the photo on the left or why I looked so serious. Perhaps even then my intuition told me life is a roller coaster. One day can be fabulous and the next a heartbreak. Fortunately I'm one of those gals who brush off the dust of bad circumstances and move forward.

Here's the final installment of my 57 truths learned in my 57 years:

1. Take care in sharing personal information. Some people actually care, but the others are just curious.

2. For your health, shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Buy and eat fresh, not processed, foods.

3. Remember the 1st rule of etiquette: Never make someone else feel uncomfortable!

4. If you say you’re going to do something, do it. Finish a job you’ve started. People respect people who follow through.

5. Do the right thing.

6. Don’t hold on to your regrets. Move forward with lessons learned.

7. It’s okay to put space between you and someone who tears you down. You don’t owe allegiance to anyone who doesn’t have your best interest at heart.

8. Use things, not people, and love people, not things.

9. There is room for both holistic and traditional medicine in your life. Be wise with your health.

10. Do unto others as you would have done to you.

11. Speak the truth in love.

12. Don’t worry and fret about growing older. It’s better than the alternative, and each decade has its own appeal. It is true that with age comes wisdom.

Please feel free to share some of your truths! I'd love to hear them.



No comments: