Thursday, April 26, 2012

Movie Re-Makes -- Dark Shadows!

There are some stories that are retold to a new generation and are true to the original, yet updated for modern tastes. How many versions of A Christmas Carol have you seen?

Recently I saw both the newer and the original version of True Grit. I enjoyed both and was amused that the script was nearly word-for-word identical. Honestly, I liked the newer version. 

Now I'm awaiting the May 11th theatrical release of Dark Shadows. While the title may not mean much to many people, if you were a teen girl in the years between 1966 and 1971, you remember rushing home from school to catch the latest episode of the soap opera.

I had even convinced my mother to have the TV on when I breezed in from school. And if I was late, she'd watch the first few minutes and report to me so I could keep up with the story. 

So are you from the 60s and 70s? Did you watch Dark Shadows? Are you going to check out the movie version?

In other news, the actor who brought Barnabas Collins to life, Jonathan Frid, passed away two weeks ago today. I wonder what he thought of the upcoming movie.

No comments: