Thursday, November 27, 2008

Books Make Great Xmas Gifts

Just saying.

This photo was taken last Saturday when I was at Mardel in Littleton. Thanks to Dana and the great staff who made me feel right at home with a big plate of cookies. It was a great way to get people to stop by and visit the author.

I was interviewed by Roy Hanschke of AM91 The Point of Faith (KPOF). They were on hand to collect shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It was great to visit with the KPOF folks and speak with Roy on the air.

BOOK SIGNING!
This Saturday I'll be at Barnes & Noble in Southlands Town Center in Aurora from 1:00 - 3:00 signing Searching for Spice and Out of Her Hands. I know it will be great. Have you every been to that mall? It's wonderful, especially during the holidays. It's one of those outdoor malls, and it's built to resemble an old-time town. Very cute. The B&N there is wonderful!

Author Darlene Franklin will also be there signing her books Romanian Rhapsody and Snowbound Colorado Christmas.

In other news:
Thank you very much to those who expressed their condolences and blessed me with prayer as I am getting over the loss of my pet. Each day gets better and a bit less sad.

I can now tell you something that was too difficult to share a few days ago. If you've read Searching for Spice, I had a scene where Belle poked the tip of her tongue out and smacked her lips. We always interpreted that as her way of saying thank you. She did it whenever someone covered her with her blanket and she was all comfy cozy. When she got the initial medication to put her to sleep, my husband was cradling her head to keep it off the hard counter. As she was getting sleepy, she looked at us all and said thank you one last time. How sweet. Later my daughter interpreted it as, "Thank you for loving me and giving me a great life. I love you too." And then she fell asleep.

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

Oh, how precious - Belle saying thankyou. Such a wonderful memory.
Hope to see you at B& N tomorrow.
Hugs. Ruthie

LAURIE said...

Megan,
Just wanted to drop in and tell you that I just finished reading "Searching for Spice" and I loved it! Thank you for sending the books to me and I am raving to everyone about them. There is one line in the book that God has been stirring in my heart and that is when Jerry asks Linda when they are on their anniversary get away if she was a "Sunday Christian?" - wow that was powerful and I will be posting on my blog about that sometime next week. Thanks again.
-Blessings, Laurie

Robbie Iobst said...

Okay, Megan, You made me cry. Again. See you tomorrow at WFTJ. Please don't make me cry there. :0)

Anonymous said...

That is BEAUTIFUL !!!

Kay Day said...

aww. sniff, sniff.
Our doggie does that, too. I tell the kids she's blowing kisses.

I'm so glad we're friends, Megan.