Thursday, December 27, 2012

A word for 2013


Do you select a theme or a word for the coming year? I’ve played with the idea, but I’ve never done it.

Most people who select a theme pray about what that word will be. Their theme can be an encouragement to carry them through the New Year or it can be a word that comforts when you know this year may be full of challenges. 

It should be a word that speaks to your heart. It can be a dream or challenge or a hope—something that will be personally significant.

It's exciting to anticipate a new year and a word that will hold meaning as you travel into the unknown, isn't it?

What about you? Do you have a word for the new year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd heard of this but thought it was perhaps a bit too contrived or organized for me. But on a challenge, last year I prayed about it--and God did give me a word: Rest. Not like vacation, but rest in Him. And a few weeks ago He gave me the word for the coming year: Enough. He is Enough. Always. As a long-time mini-fretter, wonderer if I'm hearing God right, rest & enough are wonderful concepts for me to meditate on.

It's also been a ball seeing the creative ways God highlights the word/concept over the months.

Blessed & Happy New Year, Megan.

Megan DiMaria said...

Thanks for joining the conversation. I love your words!